Ironwood Sushi Plate
Click for current price ➔
Are your existing sushi boards looking a little worse for wear? Presentation is everything in Japanese culture, which is why you’ll rarely find sushi served on anything other than proper bamboo sushi boards in traditional restaurants. Unfortunately, while bamboo boards are excellent value for money, they don’t stand the test of time quite like other woods. Often compared to oak (due to its strength), Acacia wood is a superior material that not only holds up well to consistent use, but enhances food presentation due to its natural beauty too!
Manufactured from a solid sheet of Acacia wood, Ironwood Gourmet’s Sushi Plate is tough, durable, and fairly moisture resistant, making it ideal for sushi presentation. Another feature of Acacia wood is chatoyancy – a lesser known characteristic that causes the wood to change color under different light conditions. This unusual phenomenon has no real bearing on the practicality of the sushi plate, but is an added bonus for creatives who like to go all out with color co-ordination!
If you want to serve sushi in style, Ironwood Gourmet’s Sushi Plate is a wise investment. Crafted to a high standard with beveled edges and geisha feet, this impressive board not only looks authentic, but will form the perfect focal point for your sushi too!
- High profile, luxury Acacia wood sushi board/ place setting
- Manufactured from a single sheet of Acacia wood
- Superior to bamboo, and far longer lasting
- Natural characteristics causes wood to change hue in different light settings
- Super fine grain – food is less likely to become trapped
- Durable and resistant to moisture
- Dimensions: Length: 25.4 cm (10”) Width: 25.4 cm (10”) Depth: 5 cm (2”)