Miyabi 5000MCD 8″Chef knife Gyutoh
Click for current price ➔
Looking for a heavy-gage, yet ergonomic all-purpose knife? ZWILLINGS Miyabi 5000 MCD Santoku Knife is a great all-rounder, but there are some tasks where a longer, weightier knife can generally help accomplish things more quickly. Combining the trademark, phenomenal sharpness of the Santoku, with the benefits of added bulk, and an extra inch in length, the Miyabi 5000 MCD 8” Gyutoh tackles thicker vegetables and meats with ease. Honed to almost perfect symmetry on both sides (between 9.5 and 12 degrees), the broad knife also features a semi-curved blade, and higher tip; a feature that enables you to transition between the three basic cutting motions seamlessly!
Understated, yet equally as versatile as the Santoku, ZWILLING’s Miyabi 5000 MCD Gyutoh Knife is an all-rounder that yields far more power due to the broadness of the blade. Much like the Santoku, it features a Micro-Carbide MC63 powdered steel core, enveloped in one hundred layers of pure Damascus steel. To refine the steel, ZWILLING J. A. Henckels use their very own patented CRYODUR® technology; a process proven to improve sharpness retention, and create a superlative resistance to corrosion. Thereafter, each blade undergoes a traditional honing technique known as “Honbazuke” to achieve the supreme, razor sharpness for which they have become world renowned.
You don’t have to be an aficionado to appreciate superior Japanese craftsmanship. In fact, if esthetics are equally as important to you, the Miyabi 5000 MCD range is bound to win you over. Crafted from turned, exotic Masur Birch wood, the engraved handle connotes an Asian influence, which is also reflected in the dappled, floral etchings coating the Damascus steel blade. Ergonomically designed, the D-shaped handles recall the traditional Japanese knives of old, and have been shaped to offer the best possible comfort during long, menial tasks. Tastefully engraved, the small mosaic finishing pin and end-cap bear a simple Miyabi logo – a symbol of quality and excellence recognized by both hobby, and professional chefs!
- Size: 8”/ 200 mm
- A heavy duty, all-purpose knife that will tackle thicker meats and vegetables with ease
- Micro-Carbide MC63 powdered steel core
- 100 layers of precision ground Damascus steel (50 per side)
- Floral etched patina accents the slight curve of the blade
- Semi-curved, stable blade ideal for ‘rock chopping’
- Honbazuke honed to almost perfect symmetry on both sides
- Precisely angled between 9.5 and 12 degrees on either side for optimal sharpness
- 4-stage CRYODUR® tempering guarantees sharpness retention, and resistance to corrosion
- Decorative brass mosaic pin and end cap featuring the Miyabi logo
- Produced by ZWILLING in Seki, Japan